*To view the slide show of auction artworks click on the images to enlarge fully. prices: Value and reserve available on http://shop.plugin.org/collections/plug-in-ica-gala-2016
350 St. Mary Avenue, Winnipeg, Canada
Alternative and fun, Plug In’s Gala is a blast! We’ve designed a social and festive atmosphere that moves beyond the traditional sit-down fundraising gala. Instead we encourage mingling by having 12 diverse and specialized local restaurants set up unique food-stations featuring selected delectable dishes which will be paired with specially selected wines.
The main event of the evening is our silent auction, showcasing the best of contemporary art by local and internationally renowned artists.
The gala will present a site-specific installation created by our featured artist Steven Leyden Cochrane and a generous silent art auction including the work of 37 celebrated artists including must have artworks by: Karen Asher, Ian August, Kim Beom, Irene Bindi, Eleanor Bond, Paul Butler, Mark Clintberg, Aston Coles, Hannah Doucet, Aleksandra Domanovic, Marcel Dzama, Erica Eyres, Geoffrey Farmer, Ray Fenwick, Natalie Ferguson, Thom Fougere, Instant Coffee, Sarah Anne Johnson, Gilles Hébert, Krisjanis Kaktins-Gorsline, Angie Keefer, Duane Linklater, Kelly Lycan, Kelly Mark, Sylvia Matas, Bernie Miller, Kristin Nelson, Mark Neufeld, Freya Olafson, John Patterson, Przemek Pyszczek, Dominque Rey, Andrea Roberts, Paul Robles, Jeremy Shaw, Rachael Thorleifson, and Rhayne Vermette.
* To view the slide show of works that will be available for auction, click on the images to enlarge fully. For more information on price, and each artist visit: http://shop.plugin.org/collections/plug-in-ica-gala-2016
Participating culinary stations this year include: Blaze, East India Company, Chew, Deer + Almond, Fusian Experience, Merchant Kitchen, Segovia, Sherbrook Street Deli, Tallest Poppy, The Cheesemongers, The Cornerstone, and Bronuts*
*Three chefs from this year’s roster are also involved in the culinary competition Gold Metal Plates 2016, Kyle Lew of Chew and Chris Taing of Fusian Experience/Fusian Sushi are competing for the Winnipeg title and as 2015’s Gold Metal Plates Winnipeg Winner, Chef Norm Pastorin of The Cornerstone will be on the team of judges. We look forward to all of the chef’s culinary creativity.
Wine pairings by acclaimed local favourites – De Luca Fine Wines
And not to forget dancing. We hope you stay late and dance to the musical talents of DJ Young Zaire and House of Gold Diamonds.
•• Plug In ICA insists on being FREE to all to ensure access to everyone. All gala funds raised will go directly to supporting our exhibition and educational programs. With your help we can continue to build audiences, present exceptional exhibitions, bolster local artists while bringing international artists to Winnipeg and Winnipeg to the world. ••
We cannot thank our GALA SPONSORS enough:
• Champagne Sponsor: CGM Engineering Ltd.
• Featured Artist Sponsor: Rob Dalgliesh & Daniel Friedman
• Culinary Station Sponsors: Alpha Masonry; McLaughlin Capital Management of RBC Dominion Securities Inc.; Pavilion Investment House, sotirioscorp & Marlene Stern
• Artist’s Ticket Sponsors: Jennifer Blumenthal & Danny Bubis; Michael Nesbitt; Susan Glass & Arni Thorsteinson, Shelter Canadian Properties, Ltd.
• Event Sponsors: De Luca Fine Wines; Decadence Chocolates; Delta Winnipeg; Elite Lighting; EQ3; Oak & Lily; Rinella Printers; Special T Shirt; Urbanink., Boreal Workshop, Fools & Horses, Clementine, Verde Plant Design, Forth
• Donors($250-999): Hennie and Richard Corrin, Leon A. Brown; Lewis Rosenberg; Hennie and Richard Corrin, eon A. Brown Ltd. Property Management and Insurance, Lewis Rosenberg, Colleen Suche & Jim Carr, Harriet & Alex Zimmer, Kathleen Richardson, David Walker
• Donors($1000-2500): Marcia Knight & Ira Udow; Petersen King Law Corporation; Vita Health
General tickets: $195/person
VIP tickets: $295 (VIP guests receive a swag bag designed by celebrated artist Walter Scott and access to an open bar)
Charitable tax receipts for $120 (general admission) and $180 (VIP) will be provided. Tickets also include a one-year Plug In ICA membership.
1) Call Plug In ICA during ofﬁce or gallery hours at (204) 942-1043
2) Visit the Plug In ICA Art Book Shop during gallery hours at 460 Portage Avenue
3) Purchase tickets online at shop.plugin.org/collections/plug-in-ica-gala-2016
*No physical tickets will be issued. Ticket holders to register at the event.
For media inquiries please contact: Erin Josephson-Laidlaw at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (204) 942-1043.