Paid Internship Position
Reporting to the Director of Administration and Development, and in her absence, the Director of Programs, the Director of Programming, the Administration and Development Assistant will:
- Assist with day-to-day operations of the gallery including training in various aspects of administration, participating in staff meetings, and interacting with the public.
- Assist with grant writing and correspondence for fundraising.
- Assist with updating databases, mail-outs, and clerical duties.
- Review correspondence and participate in various committees as appropriate.
- Assist with the reorganization of digital files pertaining to the organization.
- Assist with the organization and review of materials for publications and websites.
- Assist with payables and receivables.
The candidate will have an interest in pursuing a career in the non-profit sector, preferably the cultural sector. The candidate should be studying or have completed a degree (BA, MA, BFA, MFA) in visual art, art history, cultural studies, media studies, or a related field.
The candidate should have a good knowledge of Office software including MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
Assets would include; web design, In Design, QuickBooks.
Plug In welcomes applications from the Government of Canada’s job equity groups (i.e. women, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, Aboriginals).
Deadline to apply: July 5, 2015
Duration: 16 weeks
Start date: July 20, 2015
Hourly wage: $13
Language: fluent English, basic French
Submit applications to: Sheila Spence, Director Administration and Development, Plug In ICA.