Employment Opportunity at Plug In ICA • Grant Writer
Employment Opportunity: Permanent part-time: Grant Writer
Position: Grant Writer
Supervisor: Executive Director
Part-time (20 hours per week, Monday to Thursday: 11am – 4pm)
Application Deadline: Wednesday, October 18, 2017, 6pm
Plug In Institute of Contemporary Art is designated as a not-for-profit public art gallery and Institute of Contemporary Art, Federally Registered Charity # 119095016RR0001.
We are seeking a knowledgeable, organized and professional Grant Writer as a permanent part-time position.
The Grant Writer will work independently and as part of a team in preparing multiple grant applications and reports to government and foundations in a dynamic and high-output work environment.
The Grant Writer will demonstrate core values of respect for artistic integrity, sound judgment and responsibility.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Plug In ICA, the Grant Writer will specifically:
- Prepare grant applications to municipal, provincial, federal, foundation and other granting bodies on behalf of Plug In ICA.
- Work closely with the Plug In Director, Operations Coordinator, and other Plug In staff in prioritizing grant applications in relation to overall fundraising objectives.
- Monitor and document grant application activities and status.
- Prepare grant reports and track follow up and reporting requirements.
- Be proactive in researching and sourcing grant and other funding opportunities
- Participate in regular staff meetings and assist with gallery monitoring and office administration (answering phones, filing, etc., as shared activities of all staff).
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum three years experience in grant writing, or equivalent knowledge working in the not-for-profit arts or fundraising sectors. Excellent organizational and communication skills (written and verbal) are a requirement, as well as a successful and demonstrable track record in grant writing. The candidate must demonstrate agility and a willingness to work under pressure, while juggling priorities to meet deadlines. Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) is a requirement, as well as familiarity with research methods and effective use of databases. A passion for and knowledge of contemporary art is a valuable asset.
Please submit letter of interest, curriculum vitae and three references (including contact information) by 6 p.m. CST, Wednesday, October 18, 2017.
Remuneration: Salaried position with benefits. $18,000.00 to $22,000.00 CAD depending on experience.
Plug In ICA thanks all candidates for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit applications to:
Angela Forget, Operations Coordinator
Plug In Institute of Contemporary Art
460 Portage Ave
Winnipeg MB R3C 0E8