Plug In ICA’s Annual Gala and Art Auction | November 19th, 2016
Alternative and fun, Plug In’s Gala was a blast! We designed a social and festive atmosphere that moved beyond the traditional sit-down fundraising gala. Instead we encouraged mingling by having 12 diverse and specialized local restaurants set up unique food-stations that featured selected delectable dishes which were paired with specially selected wines. Many of our guests stayed late into the evening to dance to the musical talents of DJ Young Zaire and House of Gold Diamonds.
The main event of the evening was our silent auction that showcased the best of contemporary art by local and internationally renowned artists.
The gala presented a site-specific installation created by our featured artist Steven Leyden Cochrane and a generous silent art auction including the work of 37 celebrated artists including must have artworks by: Karen Asher, Ian August, Kim Beom, Irene Bindi, Eleanor Bond, Paul Butler, Mark Clintberg, Aston Coles, Hannah Doucet, Aleksandra Domanovic, Marcel Dzama, Erica Eyres, Geoffrey Farmer, Ray Fenwick, Natalie Ferguson, Thom Fougere, Instant Coffee, Sarah Anne Johnson, Gilles Hébert, Krisjanis Kaktins-Gorsline, Angie Keefer, Duane Linklater, Kelly Lycan, Kelly Mark, Sylvia Matas, Bernie Miller, Kristin Nelson, Mark Neufeld, Freya Olafson, John Patterson, Przemek Pyszczek, Dominque Rey, Andrea Roberts, Paul Robles, Jeremy Shaw, Rachael Thorleifson, and Rhayne Vermette.
Participating culinary stations included: Blaze, East India Company, Chew, Deer + Almond, Fusian Experience, Merchant Kitchen, Segovia, Sherbrook Street Deli, Tallest Poppy, The Cheesemongers, The Cornerstone, and Bronuts.
Three chefs from this year’s roster were also involved in the culinary competition Gold Metal Plates 2016. Kyle Lew of Chew and Chris Taing of Fusian Experience/Fusian Sushi competed for the Winnipeg title. Winner of the 2015 Gold Metal Plates award, Chef Norm Pastorin of The Cornerstone, was on the team of judges.
Wine pairings were by acclaimed local favourite – De Luca Fine Wines.
Plug In ICA insists on being FREE to all to ensure access to everyone. All of the gala funds raised went directly to supporting our exhibition and educational programs. Your support helps us continue to build audiences, present exceptional exhibitions, and bolster local artists while bringing international artists to Winnipeg and Winnipeg to the world.
We cannot thank our GALA SPONSORS enough:
• Champagne Sponsor: CGM Engineering Ltd.
• Featured Artist Sponsor: Rob Dalgliesh & Daniel Friedman
• Culinary Station Sponsors: Alpha Masonry; McLaughlin Capital Management of RBC Dominion Securities Inc.; Pavilion Investment House, sotirioscorp & Marlene Stern
• Artist’s Ticket Sponsors: Jennifer Blumenthal & Danny Bubis; Michael Nesbitt; Susan Glass & Arni Thorsteinson, Shelter Canadian Properties, Ltd.
• Event Sponsors: De Luca Fine Wines; Decadence Chocolates; Delta Winnipeg; Elite Lighting; EQ3; Oak & Lily; Rinella Printers; Special T Shirt; Urbanink., Boreal Workshop, Fools & Horses, Clementine, Verde Plant Design, Forth
• Donors($250-999): Hennie and Richard Corrin, Leon A. Brown; Lewis Rosenberg; Hennie and Richard Corrin, eon A. Brown Ltd. Property Management and Insurance, Lewis Rosenberg, Colleen Suche & Jim Carr, Harriet & Alex Zimmer, Kathleen Richardson, David Walker
• Donors($1000-2500): Marcia Knight & Ira Udow; Petersen King Law Corporation; Vita Health