Plug In ICA has a 2010 Mercedes Sprinter high-back van suitable for moving art works. While the van is essential for programming at the Institute of Contemporary Art, it is used intermittently during the programming season. During the times that the van is not in use, Plug In will make the van available for use to our community partners for arts-related programming use.
Van rental costs:
Winnipeg: $60/ day
Inside Manitoba: $80/ day
Outside Manitoba: $150/ day
Plug In will require a photocopy of the Driver’s License of the person who will be operating the van. Although the vehicle carries All Purpose insurance, the Driver will be responsible for any traffic violations incurred, or any damage incurred while using the vehicle. For example, any applicable insurance deductable to repair damage incurred is the responsibility of the insured driver.
Additionally, Plug In counts on the borrowing partner to return the van and the key to the van in a timely fashion following usage, with the fuel topped up.
*We are incorporating heightened cleaning practices for any van rentals occurring during the COVID-19 pandemic. We also ask renters to wear a mask while in the vehicle and postpone rental if exhibiting any cold or flu-like symptoms or if they’ve had a possible exposure to COVID-19.
In order to book the Plug In van please call Caitlin at 204 942-1043 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The primary intended use of Plug In’s Van is to provide the gallery with transportation for artwork and for carrying out Plug In related programming. Its secondary use is as an affordable rental option to artists within Winnipeg.
The rental rate is $60/day in Winnipeg; $80/day outside Winnipeg
Plug In ICA agrees to the following procedure:
1. Plug In ICA will work with the renter to establish a clear set of expectations. Once the rental agreement is signed a confirmation email will be sent to all staff outlining the details of the rental.
2. The rental agreement will stay in a binder in our bookshop easily accessible to all staff. Both an electronic and paper copy will serve to safeguard the renter’s use of the van during the rental period.
3. Plug In ICA will also make an entry into our shared calendar under ‘Rentals’
4. Two employees will be on call for the duration of the rental. Cell numbers will be provided to renter and vice versa.
5. If the van is parked in Plug In’s designated parking spot. Employees will only be allowed to use the van if they have consulted the binder found in the bookshop and received consent from three employees. Appropriate employees are to consult are Theo, Caitlin, or Allison.
The renter agrees to the following limits of use:
1. Vehicle will not be driven by any person other than Renter or the additionally agreed to Driver(s) without Plug In’s prior consent.
2. Vehicle will not be used for: any illegal purposes; in any illegal or reckless manner; in a race or speed contest; or to tow or push anything. Vehicle will not be driven by any person impaired by intoxicants.
3. The Renter confirms that they take full responsibility for all traffic and parking fines incurred during the rental agreement.
4. Vehicle will not be used to carry passengers in excess of the number of seat belts provided.
5. Vehicle will not be loaded in excess of Vehicle’s Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) which is, weight of Vehicle plus weight of load, as indicated on the driver side door jam, or with an improperly or unevenly divided load as per Vehicle manufacturer’s specifications and/or guidelines.
6. Vehicle will not be driven or taken outside Canada unless authorized on the Rental Agreement.
7. Vehicle will not be operated by anyone: who has given a fictitious name, false address, or a false or invalid driver’s license; whose driver’s license becomes invalid during the Rental Period; Renter will not transfer or assign this Agreement and/or sublease Vehicle.
8. Renter agrees to return Vehicle to Plug In on or before return date to the address stated on the Rental Agreement in same condition as received, ordinary wear and tear excepted.
9. In the event of damage or loss call the cell phone numbers provided.
COVID-19 van rental protocols
Those renting the van must wear masks and sanitize hands (or wear gloves) when in the vehicle and in contact with Plug In staff. All surfaces touched including the steering wheel, gear shifter and door handles must be sanitized with an approved disinfectant (e.g. 1:10 bleach solution, 70%+ alcohol, Lysol disinfectant) before returning the van to Plug In. Your rental must be postponed if you are exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19 or have been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
If you answer yes to any of the questions below contact Plug In staff to discuss rearranging your rental.
• Do you have cold or flu-like symptoms including: fever / chills, cough, sore throat / hoarse voice, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell, vomiting or diarrhea for more than 24 hours?
• Do you have new onset of two or more of these symptoms: runny nose, muscle aches, fatigue, conjunctivitis (pink eye), headache, skin rash of unknown cause, nausea or loss of appetite?