Plug In ICA Employment Opportunity: Public Program Intern | Deadline: May 18, 2018
POSTED ON APR 19 2018
Plug In ICA is seeking an enthusiastic and professional individual as our Public Program Intern. This is a paid internship opportunity. Candidates must be under 30 years old, a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, and be returning to school following the internship to meet eligibility requirement outlined by Young Canada Works.
This term position, from June 18 to August 31 2018, is 40 hours a week, requiring some work in the evenings and on weekends.
The successful candidate will have an interest in pursuing a career in contemporary art and should be studying towards a degree in curatorial studies, visual art, art history, cultural studies, media studies or related field.
This position will provide insight into and experience in the demanding responsibilities of education and programming in a contemporary art institution. The employee will develop administrative, coordinative, organizational and planning skills as well as an understanding and general knowledge of the daily operations of a contemporary art institute.
Reporting to the Operations Coordinator and working closely with the Assistant Curator, the Public Program Intern will participate in a broad range of activities that include the coordination, promotion and documentation of our public programs and events, specifically both Summer Institutes, Session I & II, as well as STAGES.
- Assist with the assembly and organization of research materials, publications, websites and social media.
- Assist with day-to-day operations of the gallery including training in various aspects of administration, participating in staff meetings, and interacting with the public.
- Assist with organizing and delivering information to the media helping to ensure that gallery programs are well publicized and attended.
- Assist with the logistics and organization of Plug In’s public programs, particularly the Summer Institute & STAGES.
- Liaise with external organizations as required to fulfill duties.
- Assist with presentation and security of gallery by working in the exhibition space, as well as gallery offices. This includes coming into contact with a wide range of gallery visitors, speaking to the public, discussing the exhibitions with various visitors, and maintaining statistical information for feedback and analysis.
- Assist with the setup of program activities and events including events, talks, and workshops related to both Summer Institutes & STAGES.
- Assist, when appropriate, with the installation of exhibitions or artworks.
- Assist with updating databases, library and archives, mail outs and clerical duties, including answering phone, copying, etc.
- Assist with the presentation of public programs including artist talks, screenings and other activities.
- Assist with the documentation of public programs through video, audio, and photography.
- Review correspondence, and work with the Assistant Curator to ensure that the Summer Institute: Sessions I & II run smoothly.
- Work with staff to ensure that the research portion of STAGES runs smoothly.
- Other duties as assigned.
Plug In ICA welcomes all applicants and encourages women, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and Indigenous candidates to apply.
Interested candidates should submit their CV and letter of interest to Angela Forget, Operations Coordinator at email@example.com by May 18, 2018.
Plug In ICA thanks all candidates for their interest but only those to be interviewed will be contacted. No phone calls please.