Employment Opportunity at Plug In ICA • Paid Internship
Posted on April 17, 2019
Employment Opportunity: Paid Internship
Position: Intern – Fundraising/Programming
Full-time (40 hours per week, Some evenings and weekends)
Application Deadline: Monday, May 06, 2019, 6pm
Plug In ICA seeks an enthusiastic and professional individual as our Fundraising Intern. This is a paid internship opportunity funded in part by Young Canada Works through the Canadian Museums Association. Candidates must be under 30 years old, a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, and be returning to school following the internship to meet eligibility requirements outlined by Young Canada Works.
This term position, from June 10 to August 31 2019, is 40 hours a week, requiring some work in the evenings and on weekends.
The successful candidate will have an interest in pursuing a career in contemporary art and should be studying towards a degree in curatorial studies, visual art, art history, cultural studies, media studies or related field.
This position will provide insight into and experience in the demanding responsibilities of fundraising and development efforts in a contemporary art institution. The employee will also develop administrative, coordinative, organizational and planning skills in association with specific programs as well as gain an understanding and general knowledge of the daily operations of a contemporary art institute.
Reporting to the Executive Director and working closely with the Operations Manager, the intern will participate in a broad range of activities that include the coordination, promotion and documentation of our events, specifically events associated with STAGES, Summer Institute: Session I & II and fundraising events.
- Liaise with gala committee, volunteers, artists, suppliers, staff, attendees/donors and sponsors to ensure successful events.
- Help to schedule the evening and aspects leading up to the event.
- Cooperate with staff to publicize the event and generate interest.
- Assist in the production and distribution of marketing material, including advertising, program guides, signage, invitations, brochures, posters, banner ads, etc.
- Assist with updating donor and member databases, library and archives, mail outs and clerical duties, including answering phone, copying, etc.
- Assist with the logistics and organization of Plug In’s public programs, particularly the Summer Institute & STAGES.
- Assist with the setup of program activities and fundraising events including events, talks, and workshops related to both Summer Institutes & STAGES.
- Assist with the presentation of public programs including artist talks, screenings and other activities.
- Assist with the documentation of public programs through video, audio, and photography.
- Help ensure that the Summer Institute: Sessions I & II run smoothly alongside Plug In staff.
- Assist with Plug In’s general programming and events, including our annual gala, Summer Institute and our biennial Stages 2019.
- Other duties as assigned.
Interested candidates should submit a curriculum vitae and letter of interest by 5 pm Central Time on Monday, May 6, 2019.
Plug In ICA thanks all candidates for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit applications to:
Angela Forget, Operations Manager
Plug In Institute of Contemporary Art
460 Portage Ave
Winnipeg MB R3C 0E8